Friday, April 08, 2011

The Best Journey Takes You Home….

Last summer, we traveled “home”.  For us, that means the small, Southern Illinois town of Greenville.  It’s where I grew up, went to high school and college, fell in love, married and started a family. 

This little town has one grocery store and one McDonalds.  The County Courthouse sits on the town square, surrounded by mom & pop businesses.  Even after being away from there for 30 years, I can still walk down the street and see someone I went to high school with, or someone who new my mom and dad.

My in-laws still live there.  In July, they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.  Sixty years of marriage, seven children, 23 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.

It was a wonderful weekend of stories and photographs and best of all, FAMILY.  All of our children were able to make it, and all but one grandchild (due to a Flower Girl commitment in Indiana). 

I am blessed beyond means.

IMG_1192

IMG_1205

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blog entry above is very interesting. They have very well elaborated the items. I really
love the above blog entry. And I have found a nice link. I have found great website for nice and beautiful Jewellery website. It has nice Styles and good product. They carry many items which are unique and handmade and also some trendy. They have christmas jewelry. And also they have bracelet for girl. You can visit themcultured pearl earrings please visit online shopping section and you can securely use your credit card to order the goods.